- Aside from being delicious, avocado is a superfood and a great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and monounsaturated fats, which help your skin retain moisture and get glowing. Guacamole anyone?
- Beyond just a high-quality protein, fish is chock full of omega-3 which can boost the oil under your skin and improve clarity. There is additional research that suggests a Mediterranean diet rich in fish can reduce inflammation and strengthen the membranes that hold water in.
- If eight glasses of water seems like a daunting task, you can actually eat your water by noshing on solid foods like cucumber. It’s more than 90% water by weight making it hugely hydrating, along with being a refreshing snack.
- Olive oil comes in handy when cooking, but it also boasts beauty benefits that can improve your skin. This wonder ingredient has anti-inflammatory properties and is packed with antioxidants that can help repair the skin’s moisture barrier.
- Stuff your salad full of celery and your skin will thank you. This yummy veggie contains silica, which boosts moisture and elasticity, helping to keep skin young and supple.
- If you’re looking for a root vegetable that’s high in water content, you will want to eat your radishes. They contain lots of Vitamin C, Phosphorous and Zinc making them a nourishing food to help keep your body hydrated and your skin looking fresh and healthy.
- One of my favorite foods to cook or eat raw, red and green peppers are full of Vitamin C, dietary fiber and Vitamin B6. This combination helps to prevent wrinkles, acne, and will keep skin looking more youthful.
- Spinach and other dark, leafy greens are fantastic for your immune system, but thanks to the addition of omega-4 fatty acids, vitamins, phytochemicals and folates, they also work to protect and hydrate skin, keeping it healthy.
- Everyone’s favorite summer fruit, watermelon juice is full of Vitamins A and C that work to nourish your skin, keeping it strong and ensuring that you do not lose excess water.
- Rich in Vitamin E, almonds are one of the best foods to eat for hydrated skin. Antioxidants and monounsaturated fats help to keep moisture in and provide your skin with the moisture that it needs to stay hydrated, keeping it looking young.
- The antioxidants found in eggs actually quadruple your protection against UV damage leading to softer, firmer, and more hydrated skin. There are a lot of ways to add eggs to your diet and they are tasty poached, boiled, scrambled, or fried.
- There are more reasons to eat broccoli than just to make your mother happy. Vitamins C and E along with a super high concentration of sulforophane helps skin to repair itself while also detoxifying and protecting.
12 Foods That Hydrate Your Skin From The Inside Out
By: Shopify API
Dry skin is not a good time. It’s itchy, unsightly and all too common this time of year. The cold weather brings an increasingly dry atmosphere, leaving all of us with dry skin. If you’re sick of chugging extra water, you’ll be happy to know that you can actually hydrate your skin from the inside out with these twelve foods...
Connect with Us
To celebrate upcoming earth day, Catherine and Francoise...
Mothers give us unconditional love all year round...
With summer quickly coming to an end and...
You already know that removing makeup at night,...
When it comes to clear pores and balanced...