1. Exfoliating too muchOur pores need exfoliation to stay clear and open, but using a harsh scrub or overdoing it on the chemical exfoliants can lead to redness and more breakouts. To avoid this mistake, take it easy on your skin when using these products and remember to pat, never rub your face with a towel after washing.
2. Falling asleep with your makeup onWhile you sleep, your skin produces oil. If you are wearing makeup, all of that oil mixes with your makeup and the bacteria that your skin attracts throughout the day. This results in clogged pores and nasty breakouts. If washing your face is too daunting in the evenings, stay tuned for more information about the new Eau Micellaire from Yon-Ka Paris next January. It’s a fast, efficient and waterless cleanser and combined skin treatment in one versatile and fresh “water.” With potent anti-oxidant benefits there’s no longer any excuse to sleep with your makeup on again.
3. Not getting at least seven hours of sleepGetting enough sleep is crucial! Your skin repairs itself at night so those recommended 7-8 hours do more than just recharge your mental batteries, they keep your skin healthy as well. Get to bed early and enjoy all of the wonderful benefits of a good night’s sleep.
4. Not wearing an SPFThere is no doubt about it, increased exposure to the sun’s UV rays leads to early signs of aging. Incidental exposure such as driving in your car or sitting in an office with big windows can cause the majority of sun damage. Look for face and body lotions that include SPF so that you don’t have to add a step to your routine.
5. Washing your face with the wrong cleanserIt may go without saying, but be sure to wash your face with a product specially formulated for facial skin. Bar and hand soaps can strip the hydrating layer that protects your skin. This leads to dry skin and a buildup of dead skin cells. Look for a facial cleanser that’s simple and sulfate-free to take excellent care of your beautiful face.
The Yon-Ka Cleansing Essentials offers gentle, sulfate free cleansers in the form of a soft milk, a foaming gel or a comfort cream.