Why is Body Exfoliation Important?Exfoliation removes dead skin cells from the surface which make your skin look dull or dry. Not only does it refresh and renew the outer layer of skin, but it increases blood flow and boosts collagen production. Regular exfoliation improves the skin’s ability to absorb moisturizer and other products, and it brightens your skin tone. These benefits apply to your body as well as your face. The key to safe and effective exfoliation is choosing the right product. You may already know the difference between mechanical and chemical exfoliation, and you’ve probably chosen a product to use on your face. When it comes to body exfoliation, there are several options. Body scrubs are the most popular. You might even try mechanical exfoliator tools like an exfoliating glove, brush, or sponge.
Simple Tips for Body ExfoliationIf you’re new to body exfoliation, it’s best to start out slow and easy. Choose a gentle scrub and use it gently once or twice a week. As your skin gets used to the treatment, you can do it more often and exfoliate three times a week. Here are some simple tips for body exfoliation:
- Keep your exfoliator in the shower to remind you to use it. Rub the product in a circular motion for 30 to 60 seconds then rinse with warm – not hot- water.
- Avoid harsh scrubs for dry or very sensitive skin. These can cause more irritation and hurt, rather than help, the skin.
- Use an exfoliator brush or sponge for your arms and legs – rub in a circular motion to stimulate circulation. You can also try dry brushing if you prefer not to use a product.
- To exfoliate your feet – particularly rough skin on the heels – you may need the help of a pumice stone. If you have very dry skin, you may need to soak your feet a few times a week and apply moisturizing cream to rehydrate the skin.
- Keep an eye on your skin as you start an exfoliation routine and stop if you develop redness or irritation. If you have very sensitive skin, you may want to stick to a gentle option like a washcloth.
Recommended Yon-Ka Products for ExfoliationExfoliation is simple but having the right products makes a big difference. At Yon-Ka Paris, all of our products are made with natural ingredients, enriched with Yon-Ka Quintessence for a luxurious olfactory experience. Each product is uniquely formulated and backed by scientifically proven results. Here are some of the top products for body exfoliation:
- Gommage Sucre Jasmine – This nourishing sugar scrub gently exfoliates, leaving the skin subtly fragranced with jasmine essential oil, and softer than ever. Featuring hydrating oils like sunflower and castor oil, this scrub turns to milk in contact with water which makes it a great option for sensitive skin.
- Gommage Sucre Mandarine – Featuring a combination of white and brown sugar enriched with sunflower oil, this nourishing scrub changes to milk with water and melts into the skin. The invigorating smell of mandarin essential oil will awaken your senses while the gentle exfoliating action of cane sugar removes dead cells to reveal healthier, younger-looking skin beneath.
- Gommage Doux – This hydrating cream scrub delivers mechanical exfoliation with a gentle combination of bamboo and apricot kernel powder. Enriched with the healing properties of mango butter and sesame oil, this exfoliator removes dead skin cells while hydrating and restructuring the skin for an improved overall tone. Enjoy the aromas of lavender and everlasting while you gently scrub the skin.
- Gommage Doux Silhouette – Applied weekly, this soft, hydrating exfoliating cream helps smooth rough skin and remove dead skin cells for clearer, brighter, and healthier skin. The exfoliating action of bamboo and apricot kernel powder stimulates circulation while hydrating properties of mango butter restructure and restore the skin, leaving a light hydrating film for lasting moisture. The woody aromatherapy will invigorate you while you gently scrub the skin.