What is Facial Massage?If you’ve heard of facial massage, you may have also heard the term “fascial facial”. A fascial facial is a specialized facial treatment that uses myofascial techniques to smooth, lift, and plump the skin. The fascia in your skin is primarily made up of collagen and elastin which, as you know, are responsible for maintaining the smoothness and elasticity of your skin. Massaging the fascia in your face using targeted motions can improve the tone and texture of your skin to restore your youthful appearance. Want to try facial massage for yourself? One option is to have it done professionally by a Yon-Ka Paris professional as part of your next spa facial. If you want to try it out first, give yourself a quick facial massage at home by following these steps, repeating each movement five times:
- Using your thumb and index finger, gently pinch the skin above and below your eyebrows, moving from the inner to the outer corners.
- Take your index and middle fingers and rub them over your temples in a circular motion to relieve tension.
- Using your index and middle fingers, gently sweep them under your eyes toward the center of your face then up over your eyebrows in a circular motion.
- Glide your fingertips from your temples along the sides of your face down to your neck, pushing any accumulated fluid away.
The Benefits of Facial MassageEveryone has their own preferences for skin care and your daily routine is completely your own. Whether you keep it simple with cleanser and moisturizer or you go all-out with a 10-step routine, adding facial massage to your skin care regimen is something worth considering. Here are the top 6 benefits of facial massage you can look forward to:
- Targeted facial massage can help reduce puffiness around the eyes.
- Facial massage can improve the texture of your skin, helping even it out.
- It helps relax muscle tension in the face and temples (may also help relieve headaches and migraine).
- Facial massage aids in lymphatic drainage, reducing overall puffiness and fluid retention.
- Targeted massage can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Facial massage paired with the right products can help remove dead skin cells.