What to Expect from the “New Normal”The coronavirus pandemic has changed the way we carry out our daily lives and has resulted in what amounts to a “new normal.” Unless you work in the healthcare field, you may have never worn a face mask in your life before this year. Now, however, it’s become just as habitual to check for your face mask before leaving the house as for your phone, keys, and wallet. Though the pandemic continues to wreak its havoc throughout the country, life must continue. It’s just as important as ever to wear your mask and maintain social distancing, but with the proper precautions in place, certain aspects of daily life can safely resume. If you’re considering going back to the spa, there are a few changes and safety procedures you should expect. Here are a few examples:
- Many states require both clients and practitioners to wear a face mask throughout the course of your visit – facial treatments may not be available in some states.
- You may be required to check in via phone or text before your appointment rather than sitting in a waiting room – check the spa website or your appointment confirmation email for details.
- Some spa amenities like snacks and beverages may not be available – locker rooms, saunas, and steam rooms may be temporarily unavailable as well.
- Most spas are encouraging cash-less checkout – ask about Venmo or, if you want to leave a cash tip, bring it in a sealed envelope from home.
- You may be required to fill out a digital intake form when scheduling your appointment and may need to have your temperature checked when you arrive.