What is Cypress Essential Oil?Cypress is the name given to a variety of coniferous trees and shrubs belonging to the family Cupressaceae. The word cypress is derived from the Old French term cipres, imported from the Latin term cypressus. While there are numerous genera within the cypress family, Yon-Ka uses cypress grown in Provence, France. Extracted through steam distillation, Yon-Ka’s Cupressus sempervirens oil is known for its decongesting and circulatory skin benefits as well as its balancing effect on the mind. Nicknamed evergreen cypress or Mediterranean cypress, Cupressus sempervirens is found throughout the Mediterranean region. This coniferous evergreen tree grows up to 115 feet (35m) tall and produces dense sprays of dark green foliage and oblong seed cones. Though widely cultivated as an ornamental tree, Mediterranean cypress is also grown for its durable wood and essential oil. This essential oil is popular in the cosmetics industry for its astringent, anti-seborrheic, and anti-aging benefits.
The Health Benefits of CypressCommon throughout the Mediterranean basin, evergreen cypress has been used since antiquity. The ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Phoenicians, and Romans used its durable, scented wood for building ships, temple doors, and coffins. In Greek mythology, the cypress tree was the symbol for mourning as well as the symbol for resurrection and eternity. In combination with four other essential oils, cypress oil is a star ingredient in Yon-Ka’s proprietary Quintessence. This aromatic blend of essential oils heightens the benefits of other plant-based ingredients while imparting a soothing signature scent. Yon-Ka primarily uses cypress essential oil for its draining, brightening, and oxygenating benefits. Here are some of the other benefits associated with cypress essential oil:
- It contains natural antibacterial and antiseptic qualities which may help speed the healing of wounds and infections.
- With its antispasmodic benefits, cypress oil may help relieve muscle cramps and spasms – it may also help relieve symptoms of restless legs syndrome.
- As a natural diuretic, cypress helps the blood flush out internal toxins.
- Due to its hemostatic and astringent properties, cypress oil helps stimulate circulation and helps to maintain the elasticity of the capillaries.
- By calming the respiratory system and working as an antispasmodic, cypress helps clear up congestion and relieve respiratory infections.
- With its clean, spicy fragrance, cypress is a natural deodorant – it can also be used in homemade cleaning products.
- When inhaled or applied topically, cypress has a soothing effect which may help relieve symptoms of anxiety.
- By stimulating blood flow, cypress oil may help with varicose veins and may reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Yon-Ka Products Featuring CypressWith over 65 years of experience in the skincare industry, Yon-Ka Paris is known for our plant cell active-based skincare regimens. Our sensorial skincare products are designed to deliver age-defying results along with a unique therapeutic experience. What really sets Yon-Ka products apart is the use of a proprietary Quintessence essential oil blend featuring five aromatic essential oils including cypress. Enjoy the benefits of cypress essential oil in these Yon-Ka Paris products:
- Sensitive Masque – Alleviate inflammation and soothe skin reactivity with this crème masque designed specifically for sensitive skin. This soothing masque also features extracts of Arnica and chamomile to deliver immediate relief to aggressed and sensitized skin while minimizing redness and heat. Apply 1 to 3 times per week to soothe and calm the skin while restoring resiliency.
- Crème 55 – With climbing ivy and Yon-Ka’s proprietary Quintessence, this anti-water retention cream helps you reshape your silhouette. This defining cream drains and eases tired skin while preserving its suppleness and smoothness for a slimmer Apply morning and/or night after bathing to slightly damp skin, concentrating on the areas of concern.
- Men’s Under Eye Gel – Part of Yon-Ka’s exclusive men’s line of skincare solutions, this under-eye gel reduces the visible signs of fatigue while repairing the skin. Eliminate dark circles and banish puffiness while smoothing fine lines around the eyes and toning the contours. This anti-aging gel is suitable for all skin types and can be used as needed.
- Excellence Code Crème – Reactivate your skin’s youthfulness with this powerful anti-aging cream. Featuring a proprietary blend of botanical complexes, this treatment fortifies the skin’s moisture barrier while firming, fighting wrinkles, and enhancing skin’s luminosity for a more youthful radiance. Composed of 94% natural ingredients, this cream is ideally suited for mature skin types.