1. Essential OilsEssential oils can provide a lot of benefits for both your mind and body. They’ve actually been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments and that includes anxiety symptoms. The key is choosing the right oils to help combat the feelings you’re experiencing. Here are a few great essential oils to try for anxiety:
- Lavender: The reason lavender is a great essential oil for anxiety is because it’s very relaxing. One whiff of this oil and you’ll be transported to a more relaxed state. It can also be used to promote restful sleep, decrease irritability, and ease panic attacks.
- Frankincense: This oil has been shown to provide people with a tranquil energy, which is soothing when you’re feeling panicked or uneasy.
- Ylang Ylang: To promote feelings of happiness and optimism, you’ll want to use ylang ylang. This is ideal because you’re dealing with the exact opposite feelings during an anxiety attack. Ylang ylang has also been shown to reduce cortisol levels, which is also known as the stress hormone.
2. SupplementsSupplements are another natural way to help calm your anxiety. They work well because they can provide results without increasing your dependence on it, unlike the way many prescription medications work. They’re also less likely to leave you dealing with crazy side effects. When searching for supplements to calm your anxiety, you’ll want to look for ones with these ingredients:
- Green Tea: Green tea contains L-theanine, which can help to steady your blood pressure and your heart rate. Both of these levels tend to increase when in the midst of an anxiety attack and a little green tea will help to bring them down to a normal level.
- Kava Root: This particular ingredient has been shown to relax the muscles, improve cognitive abilities, and can act as a mild sedative. You can take kava root in pill form to promote calm, relaxed feelings.
- Valerian Root: The relaxed feelings that valerian root can provide will help to ease the feelings of uneasiness and distress that anxiety sufferers deal with. Find a supplement with valerian root and take it in the morning or during the day to see the best results.