Understanding the Millennial GenerationThe term Millennial is often applied to young adults entering the workforce for the first time, but the actual age range is much larger than that. The Pew Research Center released new guidelines defining birth years for Millennials, Gen X, and Post-Millennials in March of last year. According to these new guidelines, Gen X consists of individuals born between 1965 and 1980. Millennials make up the next generation, having birth years between 1981 and 1996 while Post-Millennials are the current generation born after 1997 up to the present year. Recent statistics show that Millennials make up 25% of the U.S. population and make 21% of consumer purchases, spending over a trillion dollars each year. What’s more, the Millennial generation makes up the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. workforce and companies are being forced to change their tactics as they compete for available talent to keep up with Millennial desires and attitudes. Here are some common characteristics of the Millennial generation:
- They grew up with technology and rely on it for everyday communication and job performance.
- They seek a better work/life balance – they’re willing to accept lower pay for fewer hours and flexible work schedules.
- They are very family-centric – over 50% of Millennials already have children and most prioritize family over work.
- They are confident, ambitious, and very achievement-oriented – they have high expectations of their employers and of themselves and they aren’t afraid to question authority.
- They seek guidance and may require frequent reassurance – they benefit greatly from strong mentors who can help develop their abilities and talents.
Anti-Aging Advice for the Millennial GenerationFor Millennials, self-care is not a luxury but a necessity. According to the Pew Research Center, Millennials spend twice as much as Baby Boomers on things like diet plans, life coaching, workout regimens, and therapy to improve themselves both mentally and physically. Though younger generations may not like to think about the fact that they are aging, the hands of time keep on ticking. The sooner you start taking care of your skin, the better. Here are some simple anti-aging tips Millennials can integrate into their busy lifestyles today:
- Cleanse your skin twice a day – once in the morning and once before bed. Choose a mild cleanser appropriate for your skin type.
- Apply toner after cleansing to treat and restore your skin.
- Invest in a daytime and nighttime moisturizer and use them religiously.
- Apply an SPF every morning, all year round.
- Take time to destress – it may not seem like a skin care tip, but high levels of stress deplete your skin’s natural moisture reserves, leaving it flaky and dry.
Skincare Essentials for MillennialsWhen it comes to purchasing skincare products, the most important element is shopping for your skin type and skin conditions. If you have acne-prone skin and use a cleanser that strips, you’ll only dry out your skin and increase oil production, making your breakouts even worse. Choosing skincare products for your skin type and skin conditions guarantees you the best results. Here at Yon-Ka Paris, we are a French professional skincare brand that relies on the natural power of essential oils and plant extracts to deliver research-backed results. We use sustainably-sourced plants and other organic ingredients. In additional, our products are cruelty-free. This combination of visible and sustainable results with proven efficiency and eco-awareness makes Yon-Ka Paris the perfect pick for any Millennial looking for better skin. Not only is Yon-Ka Paris an eco-friendly company, but we offer a full skin care line ideal for Millennials who are new to anti-aging skincare – the Age Defense line of hydrating, nourishing, revitalizing, and mattifying products. It is well-suited for all ages but particularly beneficial for clients aged 35 and younger. Here are some of the top Age Defense products from Yon-Ka Paris based on skin type or skin conditions:
- Crème 28 – For all dehydrated skin, this soothing cream rehydrates and revives damaged skin to a glowing complexion. With its creamy texture, it leaves no residual oil, just soft, fresh skin.
- Nutri Defense – For dry skin, this deeply replenishing treatment nourishes the skin with sacha inchi oil, shea butter, and natural plant oils to ease feelings of tightness or itching. It also comes loaded with a boost of probiotics and antioxidants to protect your skin.
- Vital Defense – For nutrient-depleted and stressed-out skin, this protective cream is designed to fight environmental factors like pollution, smoking, and UV exposure which can accelerate the aging process for your skin. It is lightweight, quick to absorb, and ideally suited to city dwellers.
- Crème 93 – For combination skin, this lightweight cream helps rebalance the skin to correct dryness as well as T-zone oil. It features essential oils of ylang-ylang and sweet lime combined with natural antioxidants to leave the skin feeling soft and fresh.