What to Look for in Body LotionWhen the weather starts to turn cold and dry, you may need to adjust your skincare regimen to help your skin stay hydrated. Avoid alcohol-based and consider switching to a cream-based cleanser. If you don’t already, use a richer moisturizer at night as well. In addition to making these simple changes, think about switching up your facial moisturizer and body lotion. Keep your skin type in mind, but look for something that is designed to keep your skin hydrated and healthy during the cooler, drier months of fall and winter. Here are some of the best hydrating and anti-dehydration ingredients to look for:
- Vegetable Glycerin – Also known as glycerine or glycerol, vegetable glycerin is a clear liquid derived from plants like coconut, soybean, or palm oil. This ingredient is packed with triglycerides and, in addition to moisturizing the skin, helps prevent moisture loss.
- Hyaluronic Acid – A naturally occurring sugar molecule found in the skin, hyaluronic acid helps bind water, effectively trapping it in the skin.
- Almond Oil – As the name suggests, this ingredient is derived from almonds and has been used in Ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic practices for centuries to soften and nourish the skin. Almond oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids as well as vitamins A and E.
- Fatty Alcohols – Not all alcohols are drying for your skin. In fact, fatty alcohols like cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, and behenyl alcohol act as emollients and help draw moisture into the skin while protecting its natural lipid barrier.
- Ceramides – These are a class of fatty acids known as lipids which are found naturally in the skin cells. Ceramides help lock moisture into the skin by supporting its natural protective barrier which prevents moisture from escaping. Ceramides are also naturally contained in plant oils like grapeseed oil.
Two Yon-Ka Moisturizers for Cooler WeatherWhen it comes to healthy skin, quality ingredients make all the difference. Yon-Ka Paris creates phyto-aromatic treatments powered by nature to deliver authentic, scientifically proven results. As part of our extensive collection of moisturizers for the face and body, we recommend two specific body moisturizers for cooler weather: Lait Hydratant Detox and Lait Hydratant Vitality. Huile Detox, an invigorating dry oil for an added dose of quick-absorbing softness.
Skincare Tips for Fall and WinterYour skin knows how to protect itself, but that doesn’t mean you can’t lend a helping hand. Take a few precautions and making some simple changes to your fall and winter skincare routine can help keep your skin moisturized throughout the season. Here are some simple tips to keep your skin healthy and hydrated:
- Use a humidifier in your home or office. A humidifier is a simple way to add moisture to the air which can help keep your skin hydrated.
- Keep the thermostat at a reasonable temperature. When outside temperatures start to drop, it’s tempting to crank up the thermostat but doing so might make your home even drier. Keep it set between 68°F and 72°F for healthy skin.
- Avoid long showers and baths. A long, hot shower feels great when you come in from the cold but it’s not great for your skin. Hot water can strip your skin of its natural oils, so go for lukewarm water instead.
- Don’t skip the sunscreen. Even though you may not feel the heat of the sun as much as you do in the summer, its UV rays can still cause skin damage. In fact, snow and ice reflects the sun’s rays as much as 80%, so it’s worth applying broad-spectrum sunscreen before heading out.