What is Beech Tree Extract?Commonly known as European beech or common beech, Fagus sylvatica is a deciduous tree and a member of the beech family Fagaceae. With a wide natural range spanning Europe, the common beech is a large tree that grows up to 160 feet (50m) in height and achieves a trunk diameter up to nearly 10 feet. These trees have a lifespan of 150 to 200 years, though some have been dated at 300 years. While the common beech is largely cultivated for its timber, the buds of the tree are harvested for an extract rich in beneficial natural compounds. The primary active ingredient in beech bud extract is hydroxyproline, an amino acid which is a major component of collagen. Hydroxyproline is thought to play a role in collagen stability, so it may help firm and tone the skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Beech bud extract also offers enzymatic benefits, helping to stimulate healthy skin cell turnover for a smoothing, restructuring effect on the skin.
Unveiling the Secret of GemmotherapyNatural ingredients are the power behind the best skincare products on the market, but the efficacy of those ingredients depends on a variety of factors. When and how the ingredients are harvested makes a big difference – this is where the science of gemmotherapy comes in. Gemmotherapy involves the use of embryonic tissues derived from plants (buds, shoots, rootlets, etc.). Because these tissues are in an active growth phase, they are rich in growth factors, plant hormones, and natural enzymes which can provide a wide variety of benefits for the skin and body. Here are some of the potential benefits of beech tree bud extract:
- Relieves dry, dehydrated skin by improving cutaneous moisturization
- Helps prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles
- Supports collagen protein synthesis to firm and tone the skin
- Reduces the depth of wrinkles and fine lines
- Oxygenates the skin and fights free radical damage
- Stimulates healthy cell renewal to remove dead skin cells
Tips for Using Beech Tree ExtractThe perfect way to harness the revitalizing power of beech bud extract is through Yon-Ka’s newly reformulated Elixir Vital. This multi-regenerating treatment is highly concentrated with plant extracts like beech tree bud peptides and soy peptides, organic cereal germ oils, and Quintessence Yon-Ka to smooth, heal, and regenerate the skin for a clearer, more youthful appearance. Here are some tips for getting the most out of this serum:
- Thoroughly cleanse the skin in the morning and/or evening to remove makeup, dirt, excess oil, and other impurities.
- Mist the face with Lotion Yon-Ka and gently massage it into the skin.
- Shake the bottle of Elixir Vital then apply 2 to 3 pumps to the face, neck, and décolleté.
- Massage the product into the skin until it has fully absorbed.
- Use alone or underneath a Yon-Ka moisturizer.