1. Grapefruits Are Packed With NutrientsSnacking on grapefruit (or adding it to your morning smoothie) can have some amazing benefits for your body because, while it’s loaded with nutrients, it’s also low in calories. Here’s a breakdown of the vitamins and nutrients found in grapefruit:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
2. It Could Help You Lose WeightWith the obesity rate at over 42%, many of us have set a personal goal to lose weight. However, sometimes trying to shed those pounds can be a tedious journey. To make it easier, try incorporating grapefruit into your diet. It might sound too good to be true, but studies have shown it works. The reason it can help is partially due to the fiber content of grapefruit. Consuming plenty of fiber in your diet will help promote fullness, which can ultimately reduce your calorie intake and cut down on unnecessary snacking. Plus, grapefruit also contains a lot of water, which can also have the effect of making you feel “fuller”. And as mentioned above, grapefruits are relatively low in calories. One study showed that a group of participants who ate half of a fresh grapefruit before meals lost an average of 3.5 pounds over the course of 12 weeks. Those that didn’t consume the grapefruit lost less than one pound on average.
3. The Antioxidants in Grapefruit Can Give You Glowing SkinThe health benefits of grapefruit can be reaped in more ways than just eating it. In fact, when applied topically, this fruit can give incredible benefits to the skin as well. The reason why comes back down to the abundance of vitamins and minerals it has.
- Vitamin C will keep your skin healthy by promoting collagen production, which helps improve skin elasticity while keeping you looking young and fresh-faced. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant.
- Antioxidants will help protect you from the damaging effects of free radicals and help fight premature aging.
- Potassium is great for smoothing wrinkles and fine lines by keeping the skin hydrated and moisturized.