The Importance of Choosing the Right CleanserAfter a night out, you probably can’t wait to get the makeup off your face. Cleansing your face isn’t just for the purpose of removing makeup, however. It’s an essential step in removing dirt, bacteria, excess oil, and even environmental pollutants from your skin before you go to bed. Proper cleansing is the key to keeping your skin looking and feeling its best. Here are some of the benefits of washing your face:
- It’s the most effective way to remove sweat, dirt, oil, and debris from the surface of your skin so it doesn’t clog your pores.
- Cleansing prepares your skin for skincare products, allowing them to fully penetrate the outer layer of skin to deliver the desired benefits.
- It helps maintain proper levels of hydration in the skin and supports balanced pH in the skin.
- Clean skin stays clearer with less noticeable pores and prevents the overproduction of oil which can trigger inflammation and acne.
- It keeps your skin looking fresh and healthy – without proper cleansing the visible signs of aging may become more apparent.
The Benefits of Yon-Ka Paris CleansersWhen it comes to choosing skincare products, you need to think about your skin type as well as the ingredients in the product itself. Gentle, natural ingredients are best because they remove dirt and surface oils without compromising your skin’s texture or hydration. Harsh chemicals as well as soap and alcohol can strip the skin of its natural oils, leaving it dry and sensitized. Here’s what to look for in cleansers for different skin types:
- Normal Skin – Choose an all-purpose cleanser that removes makeup and surface oil without stripping away too much
- Dry Skin – Look for a gentle, non-foaming cream or milk cleanser free from alcohol, dyes, and chemicals.
- Oily Skin – Choose a gel or foaming cleanser that will remove excess oil from the surface of the skin without stripping it.
- Combination Skin – Both sensitive and combination skin can benefit from a gentle and soap-free cleanser.
Two Popular Yon-Ka Paris CleansersA good cleanser removes makeup, bacteria, and impurities from the skin without compromising hydration. Two of Yon-Ka Paris’ most popular cleansers are formulated with soothing natural ingredients to cleanse without stripping. Both the cleansing milk (Lait Nettoyant) and the cleansing gel (Gel Nettoyant) are pH-friendly for skin, free from sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), and safe for all skin types.
Tips for Proper CleansingChoosing the right cleanser for your skin type is essential, but it’s also important to know the proper technique for cleansing. The most important thing to remember is that you should cleanse twice a day – morning and night. In the morning, cleansing prepares your skin for your daily skincare products. At night, it refreshes your skin after a long day and sets the stage for a night of repair and restoration. Here are some simple tips for proper daily cleansing:
- Wash your hands before cleansing to avoid transferring bacteria to your skin.
- Use lukewarm water rather than hot water – it will open your pores without drying out skin.
- Be gentle – rub the cleanser in with your fingertips instead of scrubbing.
- Pat your skin dry after cleansing instead of rubbing it with a towel – don’t forget to apply toner after cleansing.
- Apply moisturizer as soon as you can after cleansing to help lock in the moisture.