Recommended supplements and foods for treating psoriasis.Many believe the right diet and supplements can improve psoriasis symptoms. Here are some of the healing and anti-inflammatory foods mentioned.
- Probiotics – Available as a supplement and also found in some cultured dairy products like yogurt and kefir, and fermented vegetables such as sauerkraut. Probiotics are thought to promote healthy digestion and also have positive effects on immunity and inflammation.
- Antioxidants – There are few healthy diets that won’t recommend you increase your daily dose of antioxidants. Eating fruits and vegetables are obviously a great source, as well as nuts, beans and herbs.
- Vitamin A and Zinc – A vitamin and mineral that are great for skin, including healing psoriasis. You can find vitamin A in abundance in carrots, mango and dark leafy greens like kale and collard greens. Pumpkin seeds, chickpeas and beef are a few foods that deliver zinc.
- Fish oil – Anti-inflammatory and a popular skin supplement, taking fish oil is believed to assist in the healing process.
Essential oils for treating psoriasis.Topical treatment of psoriasis through using essential oils is known to reduce inflammation, calm irritation, promote healing and deliver antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Some popular essential oils for treating psoriasis include:
- Tea tree oil – There are multiple benefits of applying tea tree oil to the skin. Tea tree oil reduces inflammation, stimulates the immune system, and protects against infection.
- Lavender oil – The calming and soothing properties of lavender oil are found to provide anti-inflammatory benefits and aid in healing and the production of new skin. Lavender oil is one of the key ingredients in Yon-Ka’s Phyto Bain, a relaxing and aromatic bath oil.
- Geranium oil – For improving circulation and also as a reliever of stress, geranium is another recommended essential oil for treating psoriasis.