The 7 Top Killers of Holiday Skin HealthThough the holidays are supposed to be a time filled with friends, family, and food, they also come with a lot of stress. You try to cram as much joy as you can into a few weeks’ time and your skin may end up paying the price for it if you’re not careful. Here are the top 7 ways the holidays can wreak havoc on your skin:
- Lack of sleep prevents your skin from repairing itself overnight – it elevates cortisol levels and may impair production of hormones necessary for tissue repair and cell regeneration.
- Overindulging in holiday treats can increase your vulnerability to environmental stressors like pollution, cigarette smoke, and UV light.
- Too much sugar can lead to glycation – sugar binding to proteins and lipids in the body – which inhibits the function of collagen and elastin. This can keep your skin from looking firm and tight.
- Boozy holiday drinks may trigger the release of histamine which breaks down collagen fibers, triggers inflammation, and can contribute to skin hyperpigmentation.
- Piling on the makeup for holiday parties and pictures can clog your pores and increase your risk for breakouts – especially if you forget to remove it and wash your face before bed.
- Increased stress triggers cortisol production which can boost oil production in the skin, leading to stress-induced breakouts or disrupt the skin’s natural protective barrier.
- Cooler temperatures and harsh holiday weather can dry out and damage your skin, making it more susceptible to irritation, inflammation, and breakouts.
Beat the Holiday Blues with Simple Skincare TipsThe holidays are going to look a little different this year. Even if you’re celebrating with friends over Zoom or skipping holiday travel this season, many of the stressors listed above are still going to be in full effect. It’s more important than ever to take care of yourself and that includes taking care of your skin. Here are some simple tips to keep your skin looking and feeling jolly this season:
- Stay hydrated. The holidays are full of libations you want to enjoy but be sure not to skip out on water. Hydrating is important for your overall health as well as your skin.
- Get plenty of sleep. Stress and sleep deprivation are a dangerous duo, so give yourself time to get 7 or 8 hours of sleep per night. Make sleep a priority!
- Indulge in moderation. It’s difficult to say no to a third helping of holiday dessert but be sure to balance your indulgences with healthy and nutritious foods as often as you can.
- Don’t overcommit. The holidays are bound to be busy but don’t give in to the pressure to put others’ happiness over your own. If you simply can’t make something work, don’t force it!
- Stick to your routine. After a long holiday party, it can be tempting to fall into bed with your makeup on. Don’t let your daily skincare regimen fall to the wayside or you may be ringing in the new year with a new list of skin problems.
Top Yon-Ka Products to Protect & Replenish Your Skin Health This Holiday Season
As good as your daily skincare routine is, it needs an update now and then. Seasonal changes are the perfect occasion to check your skincare regimen to see if it’s time to switch to a thicker moisturizer or add a nourishing face mask. If you’re worried about cool weather and holiday stress, consider including the following Yon-Ka products in your winter skincare routine. Here are some of the top Yon-Ka products to keep your skin healthy this holiday season:View this post on Instagram
Raise your ☝️🖐 is you are tired of dark circles around the eye.😓 ☁️ As we age, genetics & lack of sleep can compromise the already thin skin around the eye area, extrinsic & intrinsic aging also play a big role in the appearance of dark circles, loss of elasticity, firmness & puffiness. 👉To combat this try our best-selling eye contour product, Phyto Contour. This refreshing balm-cream is specifically formulated to target dark circles, puffiness and tighten the contours. Highly concentrated with 8% rosemary essential oil to drain and depuff, you can use it at night for firmer skin the following morning or in the morning as a refreshing wake-up mask. 📸 @myskinsentials
- Eau Micellaire – Wash away the stress and mess of the day with this cleansing micellar water. This ultra-gentle cleansing water and makeup remover is recommended for all skin types, designed with micellar technology to trap and lift away impurities. Plus, with an exquisite blend of refreshing rose and soothing chamomile, you’ll enjoy the ultimate spa experience at home.
- Hydra No. 1 Masque – Kick back and relax with this anti-aging mask. Soak in the nourishing hydration of aloe vera and jojoba, breathing in the floral scent of rose, jasmine, and shiu essential oils. With its gel-cream texture and time-released hydration, this mask smooths away fine lines and repairs all types of damaged skin.
- Phyto Contour – Enliven your complexion in an instant with this 4-in-1 anti-fatigue contour cream. This luxurious eye cream invigorates and relieves fatigued eye contours, stimulating microcirculation to eliminate puffiness and dark circles for a refreshed, youthful appearance.
- Phyto Bain – This multi-action bath oil is the perfect way to pamper yourself without leaving the comfort of home. Enjoy the slimming firming, and detoxifying effects of botanical and essential oil extracts in the shower or bath. This formula promotes circulation and invigorates the body for a truly soothing whole-body experience.