Why is Moisturizing Important for Skin Health?Simply walking down the skincare aisle at your local drug store is enough to see that there are myriad options to choose from. Does it really matter what type of moisturizer you choose, and is daily moisturizing even that important? According to Joyce Imahiyerobo-Ip, M.D. and director of cosmetic dermatology at South Shore Medical Center, most people are unaware of the true importance of skin hydration. Dr. Imahiyerobo-Ip says that it all comes down to the outer layer of skin. When this layer is functioning at its best, it protects the skin from irritants on the outside and keeps the deeper layers of skin hydrated on the inside. All skin types can benefit from daily moisturizing. People with oily skin often worry that using moisturizer will make their skin even more oily when in fact skipping your daily moisturizer could make your skin problems worse. Here are some of the things that can happen if you skip your daily moisturizer:
- The skin barrier will become more delicate and prone to compromise, leading to inflammation that can accelerate the skin aging process.
- Existing fine lines and wrinkles will become even more visible.
- Your complexion will look dull and dry, especially during periods of cold weather.
- Issues with acne and inflammatory skin conditions will become worse.
- The side effects of drying skincare ingredients (like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and retinoids) can exacerbate dryness, leading to redness and peeling.
- Your makeup will stick to dry skin and dehydrated skin, increasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- The dryness will cause itching, and scratching will worsen redness and inflammation.
Tips for Choosing the Right MoisturizerWhen it comes to shopping for moisturizer, you have a wealth of options. It is important to understand the basics of how moisturizers work and to know your skin type so you can shop more efficiently. You may be able to get by with a cheap drugstore moisturizer right off the shelf, but it certainly may not be ideal for your skin type. If you want to reap the maximum benefit from daily moisturization, you need to take the time to choose the right one for your skin type, your skincare concerns, and ensure it is high quality enough to properly do its job. Here are some tips for finding the right moisturizer:
- If you have oily or acne-prone skin, look for a lightweight moisturizer. Gel moisturizers are a good choice, especially if they contain hyaluronic acid to prevent dehydration while plumping skin cells without clogging the pores.
- If you have dry skin, look for rich moisturizing agents like shea butter, hyaluronic acid, and plant oils like jojoba and grape seed oil. A thicker cream moisturizer might be best.
- If you have combination skin, use moisturizer designed to treat the needs of both the oily and dry areas of skin to promote balanced, healthy skin. Use a lightweight moisturizer that won’t leave your skin looking greasy.
- If you have sensitive skin, avoid products made with drying ingredients and artificial Choose something that will be gentle on your skin.
- If you don’t have any specific skincare problems, you’re in luck. You can get away with using just about any quality
The Top Yon-Ka Paris Moisturizershttps://www.instagram.com/p/ByDrJasF65E/ Yon-Ka Paris is a French skincare company that has been developing and delivering luxurious, natural skincare products for over 65 years. Many products contain Quintessence, Yon-Ka’s proprietary essential oil complex that delivers a unique therapeutic and olfactory experience with a wide range of skincare benefits. In addition to offering a variety of exfoliating and anti-aging products, Yon-Ka also offers an extensive array of moisturizers. All of Yon-Ka Paris’ moisturizers contain natural hydrating and nourishing ingredients as well as antioxidants to fight free radical damage. Here are some of the most popular moisturizers from Yon-Ka Paris:
- Time Resist Jour – Ideally paired with Time Resist Nuit, this day cream controls the visible signs of aging by neutralizing the effects of skin-damaging internal and external factors. Combining new-generation plant-based stem cells with anti-inflamm’aging lipoaminoacids, this formula protects and upholds your skin’s youth to visibly smooth wrinkles and give your skin more bounce.
- Alpha Fluid – Featuring a bountiful collection of fruit extracts and alpha hydroxy acids, this renewing anti-wrinkle day emulsion soothes and hydrates the skin. Formulated for all skin types, this moisturizer absorbs quickly to restore the skin’s natural softness and glow.
- Pamplemouse PS – Restore your skin’s natural glow with this protective, vitalizing cream moisturizer. It features an astringent blend of citrus essential oils with an invigorating grapefruit aroma to deliver a shot of energy to brighten up complexion, tighten pores, and defend against aging. It is ideally suited to dull, dry, and lifeless skin types. There is also a Pamplemousse formula for normal to oily skin as well.
- Crème 93 – This vitamin-enriched daily moisturizer mattifies, protects, and normalizes combination skin. Its balancing formula features lime essential oil and antioxidant vitamins to protect against free-radical damage.
- Excellence Code Crème – This global youth cream addresses all of the needs of mature skin affected by hormonal changes. Fortified with immortality herb and shea butter as well as avocado and grape seed oils, this revolutionary anti-aging treatment regenerates and restructures skin for more even coloring and firmer texture.
- Elastine Jour – A smoothing, anti-wrinkle day cream, this moisturizer protects and plumps lackluster skin to soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is enriched with elastin, milk peptides, and shea butter in a lightweight formula ideal for daytime use.